Specialist Life Skills Training Programme
The Life Skills Training Programme is a bespoke training programme aimed at enabling people with diverse abilities and disabilities enhance their social and personal engagement and development. This programme is designed to meet the needs of small groups who are challenged by neurodiversity, learning disabilities, physical or sensory conditions that impede normal social interaction with peers and groups.
Key Training Objectives
- Deeper understanding of how thoughts, feelings and emotions impact behaviours
- Confidential space to talk about challenges that impact on daily lives
- Improved communication skills
- Enhanced social skills
- Improved self -awareness, self -determination and self -advocacy skill
- Better stress management skills
- Greater ability to manage anxiety and deal with conflict
- Improved peer relationships
Who can benefit from this training/ Who is it suitable for?
This programme can add benefit to the lives of any young adults who struggle in social settings, making and maintaining friendships, dealing with stress and anxiety, coping with conflict and understanding the complexity of social norms. I deliver the programme on a one to one basis when required and occasionally to small groups where there is similarities in age and experiences of challenges.